What Kind of Casino Bonuses Can I Get?
There are different types of casino bonus available at different points in your online gaming journey. Usually, the first offer- the welcome deal- is the biggest and most generous. This makes getting it right from the start more important than ever if you want to get the most for your money.
1. Welcome Deals
Welcome deals or sign-up bonuses are the most eye-catching. Designed to entice players to the site and to persuade them to opt for one platform over another. There are 2 formats a welcome deal usually comes in:
The Matched Deposit Deal: A matched deposit deal offers to match the amount a player deposits at the casino when they sign-up. Applied to the first deposit (or say the first 3 deposits- depending on how generous the site is) they allow players to double to triple their money.
Let’s take an example: site X is offering a 100% bonus match to new players. The minimum deposit is ₹800 and the maximum ₹30,000. You sign up, depositing ₹10,000 and the casino matches the deposit. Therefore, your account credits are ₹20,000 and you’re ready to start playing.
Free Spins: Casinos that want to seem even more generous, or beat their competitor’s deal may also attach Free Spins to the welcome offer on selected Slots.
No deposit Deal: As the name indicates, a no deposit deal awards either credits or free spins without the player making a deposit. This is as close to earning free money at the casino as is possible. This deal is designed for players who want to try an online casino but are not quite ready to lay down a deposit. Awarding a small amount of money or free spins, players who sign-up can test drive a site and games, before making a cash deposit. This type of welcome deal is highly sought-after as it suits players of all budgets and to be frank: who doesn’t like free money? This isn’t the only way to play free casino games, you can also try online games in demo mode, but by opting for a no deposit deal you can still win cash prizes, unlike playing in demo mode.
2. Regular Promotions
Once a site has secured your sign-up, they will work hard to retain your custom and to entice you to play. How a casino achieves this is up to them, and different sites have different approaches. These are some of the most common ongoing promotions that our experts regularly come across at Indian casino sites:
Reload Deals: This is another form of a matched deposit deal, but it has some differences. It is usually linked to a time period, offers a lower percentage match, and can be taken by any player (it’s not exclusive to new players). For example, a casino may offer existing players who deposit across the weekend a 25% reload match.
Cashback: Instead of matching your money on a deposit, some casinos offer cashback on losses or deposits. It’s common to see this as part of a loyalty scheme and it’s particularly attractive for players as even if you are losing whilst playing your favourite casino games, the operator will refund a percentage of your loses, guaranteeing that you’re always having a good time.
Free Spins: Slots are the most popular type of casino game, which means Free Spins on selected Slots are always highly anticipated. They can be awarded at any time: as a stand-alone bonus, linked to another deal, or as the prize for a competition. The number of Free Spins offered will vary -depending on the site and the deal- but the key to understanding their real value is to look at the bet amount per spin- this can be found in the terms and conditions.
Tournaments: New casinos and interactive sites tend to favour tournaments and competitions as a form of reward. These pull in the players and test their skills against other members to see who can top the leaderboard and win the prize. They are not paid per spin, instead, there is a buy-in price offered by the casino, which allows the operator to offer highly attractive prizes, like cash bonuses to the winning players. Tournaments are a fantastic way to stay active at a casino whilst enjoying high stakes gaming and winning more!
Prize Giveaways: From cash drops to real-life prizes, community prize draws offer the chance to scoop up extra gifts at your platform of choice. Usually, players qualify for prize draw tickets by depositing within a certain time frame (set by the site) and then await the draw to see if they are one of the lucky winners. To give you an idea of what you can win, prizes usually include holidays, cars, phones and cash, but again this depends on the casino.
3. Loyalty and VIP Schemes
These work, pretty much, like any other loyalty scheme you can think of. Players make a deposit, spend the money playing top-of-the-range casino games, and the casino then rewards them for their loyalty- usually in the form of points. When a certain number of points has been collected, they can be exchanged for gifts, account credits or merchandise.
Most loyalty schemes have multiple levels. This has two purposes; to offer an incentive to keep playing and level-up earning better rewards, and to offer high rollers an exclusive service as they are often invited to join the top-tiers. If you are a player with a big budget, then selecting a site with a solid VIP scheme is paramount as there are loads of bonuses that come with this status, such as a personal account manager, higher withdrawal limits, exclusive deals and VIP games.
Why Do Casinos Give Players Bonuses?
As you can see, online casinos have plenty of freebies, bonuses and competitions to entertain their players, which may leave you wondering why they do this. Well, casinos want to first and foremost secure new customers with a welcome offer and then their repeat custom with ongoing deals. For them, the ideal situation is when a customer keeps coming back to their site, and has a great time playing online. Bonuses are one of the most attractive ways they can achieve this and as players love them too it’s a win-win scenario.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Sounds almost too good to be true? Well, there are certain terms and conditions that operators apply to these deals, and before taking a bonus the player must agree to them. It is paramount that players read and understand these conditions as they change how a bonus can be used, how long it is valid, and whether it (plus any winnings made playing with the bonus) can be withdrawn. Much like the deals offered, the conditions change from site to site. Not all bonuses are equal; some are of far better quality but are lower in quantity and vice versa.
Here are some key terms and conditions to look out for when taking a casino bonus:
- Wagering Requirements: These are one of the most well-known and utilised bonus requirements. Essentially, they prevent a player, who has taken a bonus, from withdrawing until they have met the requirement. Functionally, this makes perfect sense as the last thing a casino wants is to give a player a 100% matched deposit deal, only for the player to withdraw their money once it is doubled. To prevent this from happening, the casino sets a wagering requirement, which is a number that the bonus credit must be multiplied by and played through before any withdrawals are allowed.For example, you sign-up, opt into a 100% matched deposit deal, depositing ₹10,000 and receiving ₹10,000 in bonus credits. The wagering requirement is stated at 30x, applied only to the bonus amount. This means if you win money playing with the bonus, before you can withdraw this money, you must play through the value of ₹300,000.
- Game Contribution Percentages and Restricted Games: Connected to wagering requirements, the terms may also state that only certain games can be played with the bonus or that certain games contribute differently to meeting the wagering requirement. It is standard practice that Slots contribute 100%, meaning for every ₹100 spent playing, ₹100 is deducted from the wagering requirement total. However, Baccarat or Blackjack may have a game contribution percentage of 10%, Thus meaning for each ₹100 spent, only ₹10 of the bet contributes to meeting the wagering requirement,
- Time Limits: A casino bonus is usually given with an expressed time limit within which the bonus must be spent or forfeit. Time limits often catch players out, so make sure to check for them. For the best results, consider how much you want to play and your timeline for achieving this when considering a casino bonus.
- Maximum Bet/Win Amounts: Some sites will also detail maximum bet sizes and win amounts. For example, a deal may say that players can only use the bonus to win up to xxx. If the maximum bet is exceeded, the player stands to lose the bonus. If the maximum win amount is exceeded, the prize will not be credited to the account, which can be extremely frustrating when scoring lucky on a Jackpot Slot.
- Restricted Deposit Methods: We sometimes see sites that say deposits using Skrill and Neteller are not valid for claiming a bonus. Be sure to scan for this condition as it is highly frustrating to make a deposit, only to discover that it does not qualify under the T&Cs.
Comparing Casino Bonuses: Do the Math
Every casino has different terms and conditions, as well as different offers. This makes comparing the deals, along with the conditions expressed, essential. Do not get distracted by the number of free credits on offer, assess the quality of the deal and consider your budget and playing preferences. Many players often find that taking a smaller deal, with lower wager requirements, and loser time-limits far more beneficial than rushing into a huge matched deposit deal.
When assessing the quality of a casino bonus, look for the T&Cs we’ve pointed out above and do the math. Work out how the wagering requirement affects the deal and if you want to spend this amount of money at the site. If the answer is yes, then cash in and claim the deal. If not, keep looking as there are plenty of casinos to pick from, and remember you can always look for a site offering a no deposit deal.
Not sure where to start comparing bonuses? Our casino reviews make it easy to see the best deals offered at each site. Additionally, we detail the T&Cs that you need-to-know, making it quick and simple to pick the best deal for your budget!
Bonus Hunters: Can I Take More Than One Welcome Deal?
Yes, players can claim more than one welcome bonus, but not at a single site. As welcome offers are usually the biggest casino bonus offered, many players bonus hunt; joining more than one casino and benefitting from more than one welcome offer. However, this cannot be done at a single site as it would break the T&Cs. Taking multiple welcome deals has its advantages, such as loads of free casino credits and trying out different sites. But it can also become confusing as you try to stay on top of the terms and conditions.
Should I Pick An Online Casino Based on Bonuses Alone?
The simple answer to this is no. Although it is often the bonuses and promotions that attract a player to a site, great casinos are compiled of many more factors, such as the games and software available, security and safety and overall user experience. Basing your choice on a bonus offer alone may lead to a disappointing experience. Use our Indian casino reviews to get the complete picture of a casino before you sign-up. We cover all the aspects that matter to players most and score each site based on the same criteria.
Benefits of Taking a Casino Bonus
Information is power, and as long as players are aware of the terms and conditions, then casino bonuses offer loads of fantastic benefits!
Earn loyalty points and freebies for playing your favourite games.
Get more money when you make a deposit.
Try out new games with less financial risk.
Increase your winning opportunities as you’ll be playing more whilst spending less.
Have more fun whilst playing online.